You don't need to be an expert to create a successful company
A simple and effective set of business tools to help you innovate and create a business strategy.
Tools are ordered according to categories and phases
CategoriesA general classification of tools for your business needs:
- Customer service
- Risk Management
- and more...
Submerge in a particular mindset to help you be more effective. We give you the freedom to organize your business project the way it fits your particular needs
6 basic phases
DirectionThink and reconsider which decision to make and which path to take
DiscoveryWhen you don't know. You need to listen, observe and learn
DesignA simple, useful and attractive solution takes time and needs thinking
DisruptThink outside the box, come up with crazy ideas, and let your imagination go wild
DefyTest your prototypes, assess teams and evaluate your performance
DeployCommunication is the first step to deploy your ideas with others
How to use our toolbox
Each tool is divided in 12 sections, each section will give you an advice on the tool and how to get better
1) Tips & TricksAs the title suggests, tips and tricks gives you advice that will help you accomplish the task faster and better
Tips & Tricks
- Try to be objective
- Order criteria on a scale from 1 to 10
- Two criteria cannot have the same weight
- Get the coefficients based on the decision makers opinions
2) TimeThis is an average time for using the tool. Keep in mind that you need at least this amount of time to complete this task. The longer a task takes you the less efficient you are.
3) ParticipantsTwo brains are better than one, but too many brains are worst than one. We advice people to complete tasks with a certain amount of people, otherwise you will be less efficient. If you are too many divide the people in different groups
4) TagsTags are keywords related to this tool, it helps you make connections between different things, it is connecting the dots
5) AttitudesHaving the right attitude at the right place at the right time will increase your chances of success when you work. It brings you luck. Try to get into the right mood
6) Used byThis a list of professions that use this tool often in their environment. Our tools work because they have been used by many people for decades. You might not be aware of this because it is not in your field of expertise
7) QuotesAs many say, leaders are always readers. A good way motivate people and to inspire action is by using quotes. We added some quotes related to your task, they will help you to ignite the energy you need to succeed
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped"
How can I make a logical decision?
Is this a good idea?
What is the best option?
Which decision to make?
8) QuestionsA list of questions that are related to this tool, maybe the tool helps you to answer these questions or maybe these questions could inspire you to find a solution never thought before
9) VersionsJust as cars and cellphones evolve, our tools evolve too. Innovation is in our DNA, we believe in self-improvement. We adapt to new changes and we take new opportunities
Version 1.0 : 12/03/2012
Version 1.1 : 14/06/2013
Version 1.2 : 02/07/2014
10) Brain dominanceThe Brain dominance section helps you and your colleagues set the right energy to work together. Having the right attitude and mindset will increase your performance while working
11) SourcesSources and references from where these tools come from, its author(s), book(s), website(s) and more. We don't take credit for anything, without their work this project would have never existed. We encourage you to buy and read their books and articles because it will help you as much it did to us
Josh Linkner, « Disciplined dreaming», United States, Jossy Bass, 2011
Dave Gray, Sunni Brown & James Makanufo, « GameStorming», United States, O'reiley, 2010
Designing For The Multifaceted User
Stephanie Troeth, «Designing For The Multifaceted User», Smashing Magazine, 2013
http://uxdesign.smashingmagazine.com/2013/03/12/design-multifaceted-user/ (accessed on 08/14/2013)
12) ResourcesDid you bring the charger?... This is a list of things to remind you what you need to start working and to accomplish your task, even little things can make you waste your valuable time
The innovation challenge
Go through the phases 1 to 6 to innovate
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step